11.07.2007

Voting in Saskatchewan

That was the new experience I had today. After much careful consideration, I selected a party I wanted to support. Half an hour before the polls closed, I rolled in to cast my ballot. Much to my surprise, not only was the party the candidate was representing listed by their name, but their career was listed below in brackets. This came as quite a surprise to me. As I suppressed giggles behind the cardboard voting box I read through the job titles. There was a teacher, a writer, a secretary at a medical office, a communications consultant and a 'retired locomotive engineer'. Yup, I almost changed my vote cuz I thought the latter was such a unique career. Well not really, but I did find it tempting in the funny, non-serious political part of my brain. I am really trying to remember what the career of Marijuana Party's candidate ... I am pretty sure it didn't say 'grower' or 'producer' or 'botanist'. That for sure would have made me laugh out loud.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home