1.09.2006

A brief synopsis of the last 2.5 weeks

After a couple of rather hectic pre-Christmas weeks I arrived back in south-western ON for Christmas a semester 'abroad' on Christmas Eve Day. Following an uneventful (but very nice) Christmas with my family we welcomed 2 sets of twin calves into the world. Why is it beings are always that much cuter when 2 are involved? I love calving season! I was able to spend New Years with some friends I hadn't seen in a while and managed to endure a few extended family events. The rest Christmas break was rather uneventful as I mostly worked on papers for publication from my thesis.

This morning I said good bye to my little bro who is off to learn how to be a real cowboy at Copper Creek Ranch in southern BC. Although it was sad to see him go, he left me his car. I was expecting to be utilizing city transit and via for the next few months, so I must say I am quite pleased. Ye Haw!

So in case you are wondering where I am and what I am up to, I will be residing in Ontario for the next few months attending classes at University of Guelph. I am going to be quite swamped with course work and of course crossing my lentils, but will attempt to update my blog a little more recently than the past few months. It is really difficult to conjure up post that would be of interest to anyone except me when your world revolves around plant breeding. Enough said about that.

Did you know that the word blog is not in the blogger website spell checker? Interesting.

3 Comments:

At 4:35 p.m., Blogger Laurie said...

Hey Sally!
Have a great time at U of G!! I actually went there right out of highschool before I decided to take some time off and move west!

Here's what I learned about Guelph:
1) Johnston Green is where all the hotties on campus seem to congregate.
2) The Keg (it WAS the campus pub when I was there) is ridiculous amounts of fun
3) Aggie pubs are legendary!
4) Best sandwiches on campus are upstairs at Pages (it might not be there anymore - i was there in 1997)

Have fun!

 
At 5:21 p.m., Blogger Vailgirl said...

You can never go to enough Aggie Pubs ... at least that is what a I thought in 2nd and 3rd year. I will have to see if ultimate frisbee is still played in the snow on J. Green and as far as I know 'The Keg' is still know as the 'The Keg' (but not to be confused with the actual Keg retaurant for all you non-Guelph readers). Sandwhiches at Pages ... never heard of that before. I will have to check it out! Thanks Laurie!

 
At 6:48 p.m., Blogger Tam said...

Have fun in Ont. Sally! Good to hear u had a relaxing Christmas.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home