3.04.2006

Thursday Night

In order to celebrate making a complete fool of myself in front of 2 of the smartest people I know Thursday afternoon (see the imposture post below), I decided to join my brother and his girlfiend to Hamilton for a concert on Thursday night. The venue was small and dingy, but I fell in love with the music of Matt Mayes and El Torpedo! Apparently he was mentored by Jim Cuddy (the absolute love of my life) and the band toured with Blue Rodeo. If you have the chance to hear them live, I would highly suggest jumping at the opportunity. I don't think they could ever replace BR in my heart, but I think I am now a fan of the new band.

2 Comments:

At 8:33 a.m., Blogger caro said...

I clicked the link and listened to Cocaine Cowgirl and actually knew the song. It must have played on the radio at one time cuz I don't know how else I would've known it. He's certainly making a buzz though, he's all I've heard about for like the past week!

 
At 11:13 a.m., Blogger Laurie said...

I saw them when they opened for Blue Rodeo in Banff last April (think I have a post about it!!). They are amazing!
My sister and I actually met them after their set - really incredibly down to earth guys...

And Jim is my favorite too!! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home