5.27.2007

180

Last week I wanted to quit academia. I felt a little better about my future after some medicinal ice cream (thanks K), but was still doubting until this evening. My optimism was reverted thank to acceptance of a my first paper into a scientific journal. Although this is occurring about 18 months later than I would have liked, it is still an acceptance into a great journal and enhances my CV tremendously. Thank goodness there are some open minded scientist in the world of plant pathology. Too bad it took 2 tries to find them!

9 Comments:

At 8:50 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

That' great! Congrats!

 
At 9:41 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

way to go smartie pants!

 
At 3:03 p.m., Blogger Unknown said...

so the ice cream did the trick, hey? ;)

 
At 7:05 p.m., Blogger Vailgirl said...

the problem is i am eating ice cream all the time now!!

 
At 4:52 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats Sally!

Marie

 
At 10:41 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Woo hoo and well done!

 
At 10:26 a.m., Blogger Unknown said...

hey Sal, I'm at work right now so I can't email you. But I want you to know that I'm definately interested in taking over your suite when you leave next year... we should talk and see if it's a possibility.

 
At 2:19 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats Sally! What journal can I find your paper in? I want to read about the research you've been doing!

Sharon

 
At 7:09 p.m., Blogger Vailgirl said...

Once I get my corrections done (which may take a while considering my recent progres on them), I will have a better idea when it will be published. It was accepted to 'Plant Pathology' which is a European journal. Thanks Sharon! By the way, how is life?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home