2.22.2007

Lost in Translation?

Yesterday, when ordering lunch, Blaine ask if he could have his coke in the bottle (cuz that always tastes better). The waiter said "no, that is not allowed". What a classy joint our hotel restaurant was. The day before yesterday I was waiting to use the Internet in the hotel business centre. During my wait, I had 3 men offer me a seat and each time I responded saying "no, I want to stand" (7 days in a van gets to your tailbone). Finally the boss-appearing person said "please sit, it looks bad". I walked out and decided to use the computer later.

So it is 3pm over here on this side of the world, and we are waiting for our flight to Kathmandu, Nepal. My supervisor just got Skype (voice over Internet) working and I volunteered to wake up my parents to try it out. Sorry Mom and Dad! (but it was good to talk to them for a few minutes) I am hoping I am allowed to carry my own suitcase in Nepal ... being doted on once in a while is nice, but the level of it I am experiencing here is more exhausting than doing things myself!

2 Comments:

At 12:08 p.m., Blogger Joanna Wallace said...

I guess we should be glad that we are not considered "the weaker sex" in North America anymore.

I'm glad that you are having such an eye opening experience. Enjoy it!

 
At 2:40 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

It was good to hear from you Shally{why didn't we think of naming you that-it nice sounding]At that hour we were glad ther were no problems and bairly hearing your voice was good. We did here the cozy.busy,loud life of the Banglaeshians though...it was a very entertaining dream at that time of morning...callagain so we can hear you sweet vouce. Love, Dad&Mom

 

Post a Comment

<< Home