4.27.2005

I FEEL INVINCIBLE!!!

Oh what sweet relief I am feeling! 5:00am Sunday morning I had a panic attack. At 1:30pm on Monday afternoon I presented the results of my research over the past 3 years to an wonderful crowd of professors, fellow graduate students and friends. At 2:15 I proceeded to a board room where I answered questions about my work from a panel of 5 people for an hour and a half. At 3:45 I was officially congratulated for (finally) being done!

Since then activities have included having beer with the committee that drilled me, a great night out with some friends, a very lazy day and now getting caught up on responding to messages and updating my blog. I am starting to feel like a normal person after a couple of stressful week (thankfully), but have this sweet sense of contentment and confidence I have long been missing.

The first two weeks of May will be spent with my family and friends (and of course the moos) at home -- a much delayed trip. Thank-you so much to everyone that supported me through their prayer and friendship through this process. Apparently I am the only graduate student that came out of my defense saying "that was kinda fun!"

I am off to work now, I can no longer avoid the inevitable.

1 Comments:

At 5:39 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, I'm the first to comment-never mind that it's still only 4:30am your time!
Congrats Sally! You have always had such an enjoyable and pleasant attitude, no wonder you are the only one who could have fun defending their thesis--you are so cool girl! I'm glad it went well.
We're looking forward to seeing you next month--this deserves a celebration, we're going to have to have a party for you aren't we.... Jen

 

Post a Comment

<< Home