6.27.2005

Celine Dìon

She is blaring over the speakers in the internet càfe I am currently in. It is so inspiring. I also heard Brian Adams singing the braveheart song en español a few days ago. I am so proud to be Canadian.

I just managed to cross a very busy street while eating an apple and no buses even came close to hitting me! I will gladly accept congradulations in the comments section.

Finally I met my other roomate. His name is Marcus. He is a police officer and has been for 7 or 8 years. Before joining the police force he was in the miliary for 6 years. He has lots of friends in Mazatlàn. He has lived all over Mexico, but likes living in Mazatlàn the best. His family lives in a city called Vicoria which is near the US border. Why are you writing about these very boring details you may ask. While I am proud to say I had the entire coversation in spanish! He dosen´t speak any english. I also managed to tell him some details about my life (ie. I am here visiting my friends with a baby, I live in the centre of Canada while my family lives near Toronto, etc.). I guess the $60 I paid for spanish lessons so far have paid off. Whoo hoo Alfredo! He (Marcus) also told me I had beautiful eyes, although that was communicated with sign language. My amphibious roomate seems to be a little shyer. I have only seen him twice, but I hear him every night.

Wow, it is an encore for Celine in the computer room. This time in french. I am really enjoying the Mexican music experience.

3 Comments:

At 2:22 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi sally...you are on right now i thi9nk and if i hade a password set up on msn i could talk to you, it is not just congrats for bus evasion but praise the lord for your safety. Grampa and Betty are here and he is looking over my shoulderright now...he got your last message

 
At 6:27 p.m., Blogger caro said...

Congratulations indeed! Crossing the street will never be the same again no matter where you are. I still hesitate when crossing the street in NA even though I know we have the right of way!

Definitely do not miss the music although sorta kinda do.

Watch out for those latino police officers! They're dangerous! But congrats on the conversation. I'm so looking forward to having another person to speak spanish to here!

 
At 9:56 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi sally....happy canada day....the top canadian song overallis four strong wind and second is if i had a million dollars. sam went to ottawa with friends to camp and see fireworks. dad and i went to smith due at cousin charles' and had home fireworks...the kids were cute

 

Post a Comment

<< Home