6.17.2005

some random stories from mexico

I have a personal spanish tutor. His name is Alfredo Herrera. He is old and very cute.

Jamie and I spent the afternoon driving around Mazatlan in a Safari which is a VW bug with the top cut off and and golf-cart cover put on. We got some really funny looks seeing as only locals drive these types of vehicles. Jamie is a really good Mexican driver.

I had my first encounter with a cockroach last night. It was in the shower. I caught him in a cup and flushed him down the toliet. I am now having dreams about cockroaches coming out of the toilet while I am sitting on it.

I think some new bugs have recently been introduced to my digestive system. We will see if they are happy there or not in a few days.

I live with a crazy lady, a single young woman named Olga who works at a bread factory calle Bimbo (pronounced Beembo), a customs officer named Miguel Angel who does not speak very good english but likes to hang out with me all the same and another guy who I have never seen, but I know he is home occasionaly b/c the toilet seat is often left up.

I accidentally spent $8 on lemonade in a cafe yesterday.

3 Comments:

At 12:02 p.m., Blogger caro said...

I am so jealous . . . but not about the cockroach, you can keep that experience, I've had enough cockroach incidents to last me a lifetime!

Guess what? I just found out that there's a program with the CBA that places young lawyers in foreign settings for a year to do law stuff (helping human rights organizations). Of the countries they have links to I'm very interested in either Guatemala (of course) or South Africa. I have to be admitted to the bar first though so this is years away, but it's definitely helping me get through another crappy summer in SK.

 
At 7:38 p.m., Blogger Vailgirl said...

Still not enjoying the job? That is too bad, but the other oportunity sounds right up your ally! Keep plugging!

 
At 10:14 p.m., Blogger caro said...

oh, I'm enjoying the job a lot more than before and I think that a firm is the perfect place to work when it's time to settle down. I guess I'm just looking for some more adventure (and a chance to see if some of my dreams are actually feasible).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home