3.26.2007

Is it garden time yet???

This weekend I got approval to put in a small garden at Morgan's. I am so excited! So I am starting a list of thing I plan on putting in my garden (to go along with the raspberries and rhubard that are apparently already established). Here it is (so far):
-Tomatoes
-Cucumbers (I love making pickles!)
-Carrots
-Lettuce
-Onions
-Potatoes
-Pumpkins
-Sweet corn (I know it will not be the same as home, but it's better than nutin')
Any more suggestions/requests?

In the future I hope to expand the garden to include strawberries, a dozen sour cherry trees, saskatoon berry bushes and maybe some apple trees, but for now I think I should focus on the annuals. Happy spring everyone!

6 Comments:

At 8:13 p.m., Blogger caro said...

I love to eat the spoils of a well-tended garden but have never put one of my own in. Hopefully this year I'll have a yard with a garden of my own and I can take a stab at it. However, no matter what happens in my world, I look forward to eating the spoils of your hard work!!

 
At 2:19 p.m., Blogger Vailgirl said...

I just noticed that blogger is gramatically incorrect when it says '1 comments'. I'll have to post again and put a comment so you can see (since I will now have 2 comments on this post.

 
At 9:21 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

uhhh...what about the lentil's and/or chikpeas!?

 
At 11:30 p.m., Blogger eleni said...

is your offer to start me some tomatoes and cucumbers still on the table? :) this will be my first time ever trying to have a garden so i'm quite excited about it (and a little worried about not being able to grow things)

 
At 11:35 a.m., Blogger Joanna Wallace said...

When I was young, we had 2-3 acres of cucombers that we sold to Bics. The childlabour was there to take care of the picking and we got a small dividend for pay. The main thing that I remember is that my mom would put the cucs through a rinse in the washing machine before she pickeled them. Did anyone else's Mom do this?

 
At 12:00 p.m., Blogger Vailgirl said...

I do not recall my mom putting her cucumbers through the wash machine before making pickles. Maybe it was a quick way to wash them?

Of course I'll start you some plants Helen!

Wade -- Chickpea and lentils are field crops, not garden crops.

I am also going to plant Cilantro! (I love Cilantro).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home