7.14.2005

Just in case your wondering

Since nobody seems to know what exactly I am up to this summer, I have decided to post my itinerary for the next month and half:

1pm today I will take a cab to the bus station in downtown Vancouver (where I arrived late last night) to bus it to Victoria where I will be visiting my friend Tonya for the weekend

Monday I will take a lovely 10 hour bus ride from Victoria to Kelowna where I will spend the week with my friend Molly before she gets married next weekend

July 25 I fly to Ontario with the sole purpose of cleaning my parents basement (are you listening mom), but will take some time to visit with everyone from home

August 24 I fly from Ontario back to Saskatoon for first a weekend of weddings and then settling back into life as an eternal student ...

I had mixed emotions flying out of Mazatlan yesterday. Part of me is extatic about the next chapter of my life, but I would also like to pause this moment just a little longer. It was funny how so much seemed to happen my last week in Mazatlan. Along with trying to fit in all the tourist activities I had neglected, I seemed to make some more friends and get to know acquaintances better. Tuesday was a great end to my trip. Jamie, Ives, Matteo and I spent the afternoon and evening at the beach. Funny enough, the highlight of the day was watching and entire beach-side retaurant full of Mexicans watching Jamie and Ives play with Matteo. Mexicans love babies and I think they were quite amused by how entralled and consumed by the baby J&I were. Silly new parents. At the restaurant, I managed to get my picture with a Mariatchi band and a rather large fish. I also went in the ocean for the second time on Tuesday. It sounds so pathethic to me that I spent 6 weeks living by the beach and only went in the ocean twice. Anyways, I was having a great time playing in the waves, totally not realizing some guy was close to drownding 10 feet away from me. Ives got really scared and came running out to tell me to come back in. Thank goodness he was watching out for me! Tuesday night I fiestaed Mexican style, not returning home till 5 in the morning. That has left me in quite a tired state right now, but I figure I have a lot of boring bus rides ahead of me, so hopefully I can get caught up on sleep. I hope everyone is enjoying their summer as much as I am and I look forward to talking with you or seeing you soon!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home